Directions to 198 Paku Drive, Tairua from Auckland
Tairua is 150kmsfrom Auckland [approx 2 hrs travelling by car)
It's an ideal place for your first or last stop on your visit to New Zealand. Get out of the city and enjoy the relaxing peace and quiet on the beautiful Coromandel east coast.
1.From Auckland take State Highway One and head South for 45kms until you come to the intersection of Highway 2 at Bombay.
2. Take the exit onto State Highway 2 and continue for 33 kms
3. Turn left onto State Highway 25 [the Kopu Rd] for a further 23kms until you reach the Kopu Bridge.
4. 0.5km over the bridge you will come to a T-intersection.
5. Turn right onto the Ngati Maru Highway then take the first left onto Highway 25A which is the Kopu-Hikuai Rd.
6. Stay on this road until you reach Tairua. [Approx 39kms]
7. When you reach Tairua township cross the bridge over the estuary and take the first turn right into Manaia Rd [at the Manaia Cafe].
8. After approx 1 km turn right onto Paku Drive.
Follow Paku Drive for a further 1.5km as it winds around and up Paku Hill.
9. 198 is on the left just past the 25km corner.
( Guest Car parking for the Flax Room is in the carport (straight ahead up the drive) and for the Fern room it's at the front of the house on the cobbled area on the left as you drive in. We suggest you turn around at the reserve, just a short distance further up the hill. This will make it easier to approach the driveway and into the guest park)
Anton and Mary's is a great base for you to explore the Coromandel Penisula. There are lots of things to do and places to visit within one to two hours drive from Tairua.